lundi 4 mai 2009

Spring, here we are!!

Last thursday was Valborg. That’s a special day in Sweden where no one work the afternoon. This last day of April is celebrated the end of Winter: the tradition in all the country is to light big fires, and singing songs of Spring.
Uppsala, the oldest university city, is famous to gather a lot of people, and especially students. As I knew someone doing his erasmus year in this city, I decided with some friends it could be the opportunity to see that from our own eyes.
I met Romain in Russia. He was my mate at each hotel, and after this amazing trip, we agreed we should meet again, in Sweden. But the time ran, and we didn't contact each other. Until one day where I met him by chance at the skavsta Airport: He was taking the same plane as me to France! That’s was funny and we finally agreed again we should meet but not by chance in Sweden. Two months later, as I was in Stockholm with my three french friends, I met him a second time close to the Royal Palace. That was not chance, but the fate! So, three days before Valborg, I asked him if I could host me and some friends for one night.
We left Linkoping around 9 o’clock in the morning I and my french friends, Paul Alex and Damien.. At 264 km, we arrived around 12:30 at the parking place of Romain. After a fast lunch, we went in downtown to see how was the party. Actually it was not one party, but sevaral!! First surprise, there were a looot of students. And a lot already drunk.

Music everywhere with a sunny day, thousand of people in the streets, that was crazy! At one moment, I tried to find Apostolis, Ruben and Peter, my erasmus friends also from Linkoping, but the streets were so overcroaded that is was impossible. Then, we went on a hill where people were dancing, front of an official party. Just because they didn’t have tickets to enter, they were 10meters from the gate, dancing with the music of this party.
I finally found my erasmus friends around 5 pm. After a call to Romain, I met him in a public garden. But what a garden! It was more like a public landfill! All people had thrown away their rubbish, during all the day. Thinking that swedish people can sometimes behave like animals…



We went in different partys during the day: reggae music in afternoon and electro music in the night. All oustide, with the stars over us, the light from the spots: we leaved the reality!






Saturday, back from Uppsala, I joined my chickens Lukas, Peter, Cecilia, Ruben and Arthur for a volley ball beach game. Hard Student’s life! We met again the night for a big barbecue behind my building. With Ruben, we moved my sofa outside to sea the sunset. Smell of grilled meat, sound of guitars, view on Linkoping, we really enjoyed this end of day!










Sunday, I had a concert with Lithe Blas in a farm, at fifteen kilometres from Linkoping. We met early in the morning and the question I asked to myself was: how we will go this farm? Well it was obvious: One of the farmer came at the university with one tractor, and two big empty dumps. We put all the instruments in one, and installed uself in the other. During all the way, some played and jamed: Irealistic scene in the countryside of Sweden!
It was a “kind of important day”: It was the release of the cows in the fields. Whouou!! After this moment, full of emotion, we had our crazy concert. As usual: That rocked!









Aucun commentaire: